Easy to follow tips for busy business owners
Growth is essential to the longevity of any business, but how does a small business, or Start Up grow when it has a limited budget? Here’s where the term ‘growth hacks’ comes into play. Growth hacking is a relatively new marketing term where the primary goal of the growth hacking strategy is to acquire as many customers as possible, while spending as little as possible.
Growth Hacking, Paid Advertising & Remarketing
Growth hacking is often about finding an existing distribution channel to work with. For example a place where your target customer is already going to find what they need and leveraging that channel. It’s a broad topic, so to keep things simple let’s start with remarketing through paid advertising so we can understand how growth hacking can work and then discuss some tactics you might like to try. Paid Advertising has been a reliable tactic for customer acquisition and sales growth for a long time. More recently remarketing or retargeting has become increasingly popular and has been a strategy used to grow businesses, retain customers and reduce shopping cart abandonment for e-commerce sites.
Remarketing (also known as retargeting) is the tactic of serving targeted ads to people who have already shown interest in your product or service by either visiting or taking some sort of action on your website. Generally a piece of code (sometimes called a pixel) is added to your website to place a cookie in the user’s browser. This allows the Advertiser to remarket (or retarget) website visitors. Some of you may be familiar with this through Facebook Advertising or Google Ads. However, for some small business owners Google Ads or Facebook Ads might still be out of their reach, so below are some additional free and low cost growth hacks that you can apply today to help grow your business organically.
Free And Low Cost Growth Hacks – Tips For Small Business
Here’s some marketing advice to help you to build an organic following without needing mega bucks:
- Get yourself online, whether it’s LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube or Twitter. Pick your platforms based on where your ideal customers are likely to be.
- Respond regularly to comments, likes or messages on your social accounts or content.
- Connect with your target audience online. Remember online groups can help you meet real business owners and real decision makers.
- Consider joining relevant Facebook groups, or connecting with your target customers on LinkedIn.
- Start producing engaging content that is useful to your target audience. Share it widely! Blogs, Videos, Posts, Articles.
- Cross share it across different social platforms and don’t forget to use Call To Actions to get customers to take the next step.
- Authentically answer questions, or respond to LinkedIn Posts with thoughtful comments that are insightful or add value, this will help you gain attention.
- Aim to educate, inform or entertain.
- Give away some of your IP as it helps build your profile as an expert in your field.
- Aim to take conversations off line. Remember most sales are closed offline, especially more complex ones.
- Join free meet ups in your area relevant to your business. Face-To-Face and Word of Mouth still REALLY works!
Give it a try! Best of luck. Keep in mind that the marketing tips above also work well coupled with a paid strategy, as this would help yield stronger results, by allowing you to reach more of your prospective customers. For more business marketing strategies, and marketing tips, like us on Facebook.
Founder & Director
Small Chilli Marketing